The Summer Conference is Almost Here!
The 2017 Rocky Mountain Center of Play Therapy Conference is June 28-July 1, 2017 in Laramie! Find all the details here.
The Wyoming Association for Play Therapy (WAPT) is a chartered branch of the Association of Play Therapy, Inc. (APT). Our primary purpose is to advance the psychosocial development of mental health of all people by promoting:
- Understanding and value of play and play therapy
- Effective practice of play therapy through training
- Research and support of play therapy
- Recognition, incorporation, and preservation of diversity in play therapy
- Development of a strong, professional organization to accomplish the above objectives
A letter of Intent from the Branch Organizing Committee was submitted to APT on January 31, 2001. WAPT was issued a certificate of membership from APT in October 2002. WAPT officially became a Wyoming corporation on April 14, 2003. WAPT has grown from a very small branch of approximately 20 members in 2002, to almost 50 members to date. It has been an exciting and sometimes difficult journey, but WAPT is becoming stronger and more effective in it's efforts to promote play therapy within the state of Wyoming. WAPT is committed to providing it's members with the support and resources they need in order to advance their knowledge of and expertise in the field of play therapy.